About Black's Sky & Tea Room
The historic landmark known as Black’s Tea Room operated from 1913 to 1929, in the original 8-story building built by James Black. In 1929 an eight story addition was adjoined to the original building and the Tea Room was moved to the top of the new addition. In 1964, the Tea Room was renovated and re-branded as the Black’s Sky Room and remained open until 1979. Memories of days past were brought to mind when the site was restored by Nelson Properties in 2010. Through the years, the Sky Room, has been a favorite of brides and a special place for anniversaries, birthdays, fashion shows, corporate functions, fundraising events and other happy occasions for almost 100 years.
The original Tea Room, closed in 1929, was also restored in 2010 and is once again called the Tea Room. In the past, it was used not only for luncheons and tea, but as a place to teach young people manners, etiquette and coming of age skills. It has space for up to 91 guests. The Sky & Tea Room can be combined to hold events of nearly 400 people.
Plan your Special Happening at the Sky Event Center
•Celebrations of all types
Interested in learning more?